Monday, March 7, 2022

Pig Storytime

 







Theme:  Pigs

Hello Song:

Hi, Hello & How Are You?  How Are You?  How Are You?

Hi, Hello & How Are You?  How Are You Today?

Hi, Hello & Clap Your Hands!  Clap Your Hands!  Clap Your Hands!
Hi, Hello & Clap Your Hands!  Clap Your Hands Today!

Hi, Hello & Stomp Your Feet!  Stomp Your Feet!  Stomp Your Feet!
Hi, Hello & Stomp Your Feet!  Stomp Your Feet Today!

Hi Hello & Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down.
Hi Hello & Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down Today!

The American Sign Language sign for Pig & Pink

https://babysignlanguage.com/dictionary/pig/

https://babysignlanguage.com/dictionary/pink/

Book 1 –I Know a Wee Piggy by Kim Norman

Fingerplay:  Two Mother Pigs
Two mother pigs live in a pen.  (Put both thumbs up)
Each had 4 babies and that made 10. (Show all fingers and thumbs)
These 4 babies were black as night. (Hold up 1 hand, thumb in palm)
These 4 babies were black and white. (Hold up other hand, thumb in palm)
But all 8 babies loved to play,
And they rolled and rolled in the mud all day (roll hands over each other)
At night with their mother, they curled in a heap (make fists, palms up)
And squealed and squealed till they went to sleep.

Book 2 – How Big is a Pig? By Clare Beaton

Song:  Old MacDonald

Book 3 – Ten Pigs:  An Epic Bath Adventure by Derek Anderson

Song:  A Pretty Pink Pig
(tune of "If you're happy and you know it")

 Oh, I wish I was a pretty pink pig.
Oh, I wish I was a pretty pink pig.
Oh I'd roll around in dirt,
And I'd wear a pretty skirt.
Oh, I wish I was a pretty pink pig.  2X

Book 4 – Pigs to the Rescue by John Himmelman

Song:  I'm a Little Piggy
[Tune:  
I'm a Little Teapot]

I’m a little piggy, Short and stout
Here are my ears (point to ears)
And here is my snout (point to nose)

When I see the yummy food in my pail
(put hand up over eyes like you are looking)
I oink, oink oink and wiggle my tail.
(wiggle your piggy tails!)

 Book 5 – Z-Z-Zoink by Bernard Most

Goodbye Song

Goodbye Friends, Goodbye Friends, Goodbye Friends
It’s Time To Say Goodbye.  2X (with sign language)


No comments:

Post a Comment