Friday, March 25, 2022

Spring Storytime


Theme: Spring

Hello Song

Hi, Hello & How Are You? How Are You? How Are You?
Hi, Hello & How Are You? How Are You Today?

Hi, Hello & Clap Your Hands! Clap Your Hands! Clap Your Hands!
Hi, Hello & Clap Your Hands! Clap Your Hands Today!

Hi, Hello & Stomp Your Feet! Stomp Your Feet! Stomp Your Feet!
Hi, Hello & Stomp Your Feet! Stomp Your Feet Today!

Hi Hello & Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down.
Hi Hello & Sit Right Down, Sit Right Down Today!

The American Sign Language sign for: Spring, Butterfly, Bunny Rabbit.

Book 1 – Bumblebee, Bumblebee, Do You Know Me? By Anne Rockwell

Song: Baby BumbleBee

I’m bringing home a baby bumblebee,
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me,
I’m bringing home a baby bumblebee,
Ouch! He stung me!

I’m squishing up a baby bumblebee,
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me,
I’m squishing up a baby bumblebee,
Eww! He’s gooey!

I’m lickin’ up a baby bumble bee
Won’t my Mommy be so proud of me
I’m lickin’ up my baby bumble bee
Mmm! He’s yummy!

Book 2 – Mouse’s First Spring By Lauren Thompson

Fingerplay: Two Mother Pigs
Two mother pigs live in a pen. (Put both thumbs up)
Each had 4 babies and that made 10. (Show all fingers and thumbs)
These 4 babies were black as night. (Hold up 1 hand, thumb in palm)
These 4 babies were black and white. (Hold up other hand, thumb in palm)
But all 8 babies loved to play,
And they rolled and rolled in the mud all day (roll hands over each other)
At night with their mother, they curled in a heap (make fists, palms up)
And squealed and squealed till they all went to sleep.

Book 3 – What Does Bunny See? By Linda Sue Park

Song: If You’re Happy & You Know It

Book 4 – When Spring Comes By Kevin Henkes

Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes

Book 5 – Hurray for Spring! By Patricia Hubbell

Goodbye Song

Goodbye Friends, Goodbye Friends, Goodbye Friends
It’s Time To Say Goodbye. 2X

Literacy Tip * Look for signs of spring. Go for a walk and talk about what you see

No comments:

Post a Comment