Friday, January 26, 2007

The Golden Glow of the Ethnic Aisle

So I decide to venture out and surprisingly don't get lost on my way to Publix. I figure I have enough time, surely 30 minutes is ample time to shop for the few groceries I need. Then I get there and it's like double the size of the stores at home and I go down the ethnic aisle and wow there's like a golden glow. I have never seen so many different imported products including various Thai things and Goya products. Back home you would have to go to Pittsburgh or Erie to find things like that outside the realm of American cuisine. I then make my way to the checkout after zooming through the store. I really feel I didn't do it justice and that it would take at least an hour possibly more - but alas not much funds right now. So it's probably just as well. While checking out I mention to the clerk that the store is huge and she says oh this is just a quickie store. The one in Northport is much larger, every department is twice as big. Twice as big - I can't even imagine. I knew Dorothy and I weren't in Kansas anymore when I saw Tofurkey on the shelf. But all the departments twice as large - Yowza!

Coming soon after I figure my way around T-town a trip to the Super Deluxe Publix!

No comments:

Post a Comment